sea mineral benefits
- better soil moisture
- transforming soil
- organic matter
- this explains it all
- 7 keys
- 33 benefits
- application guide
- GroPal Balance FAQ
- video testimonials
- more bang for buck
- photo gallery
- soil balance studies
- create topsoil fast
- drought tolerance
- nutrient dense feed
for your health
Frequently Asked Questions
I use commerial fertilizers along with GroPal Balance?
A: When using GroPal Balance, no other fertilizer should be needed. The only exception is that some nitrogen may be needed.
Applying a chemical fertilizer, fungicide, pesticide or herbicide after applying GroPal Balance can be detrimental, as discussed in this article.
I need to apply GroPal Balance each year?
A: It is beneficial to put out at least 10 ounces of GroPal Balance A each year to help maintain soil balance.
I need to apply GroPal Balance after every cutting of hay?
A: It is best to apply your GroPal Balance A all at the beginning of the year, rather than spreading it out. GPB-A is all about soil transformation, so the quicker we can get this going the better. Once a full 40 oz. of GPB-A has been applied, foliar applications are the next option. Wait 7 to 10 days after each cutting and apply a quart of GroPal Balance C foliar.
have almost no top soil. Don't I need to put out other
fertilizers besides GroPal Balance?
A: Even the poorest soils contain good amounts of calcium, phosphorus and potassium, though they may not be available to the plant. When all top soil is gone, it is best to apply 20 to 40 ounces of GroPal Balance A per acre to help initiate soil building. The bacterial action is what is needed to help make tied up nutrients available to the plant.
would really feel better about things if I applied at least some
NPK or calcium.
A: Doing this will set back the soil building work of GroPal Balance. When chemical fertilizers are applied, the plant abandons secreting sugars into the soil - it doesn't have to. However, the secretion of sugars through the roots is by far the quickest way to build top soil.
containers of GroPal Balance seem to be bloating. What should I
A: GroPal Balance is alive with beneficial bacteria and fungi. Because of this, and especially in warmer storage conditions, it may be good to loosen the lid and allow gas to vent. Failure to do so might result in the pressurization and rupturing of the container.
quickly will GroPal Balance A begin working?
A: GroPal Balance needs two things to activate it. It needs 1.1" or more of soil moisture along with 0.1" of rain or irrigation to carry it down into the soil. Bacteria need moisture to proliferate.
GroPal Balance A also needs a soil temperature of 40 to 45 degrees F to really begin doing its work. Once activated, it goes to work immediately to improve the soil and make nutrients available to the plant, making possible a 20% to 70% increase in yields the first year. However, because it works by improving the soil, it may be 3 to 6 months before you begin seeing these yield increases in grass. As long as GPB-A is applied around planting time, row crops should have an increase in yield the first year.
is the best time to apply GroPal Balance?
A: Spring, summer, fall or even winter if the ground is permiable, so that moisture can carry it in. Get it on as soon as possible so that it can get started in transforming your soil. Our Application Guideline sheet will tell you more.
Q: Once I apply
a chemical fertilizer, herbicide, pesticide, fungicide or
insecticide, how long should I wait before I can make an
application of GroPal Balance?
A: Three days, unless it has rained after the chemical application, in which case wait at least 2 days. However, if you put on a heavy application of NPK, lime or other chemicals, it is best to wait a full two to three weeks before applying GroPal Balance A.
are rock-like crystals in the bottom of the jug. What should I do?
A: It is not unusual to find crystals in the bottom of the jug. GroPal Balance is a super concentrated liquid, and over time or if it is exposed to cold temperatures, some mineral (mostly magnesium chloride and potassium chloride) will fall out of solution and solidify as crystals.
If this happens, you can usually just dump them right in the spray tank and they will redissolve back into solution. Another option is to just throw them out on the field, yard or garden.
if GroPal Balance doesn't work?
A: If GroPal Balance doesn't seem to work, please use the following to troubleshoot the problem:
· Did the person assigned to apply/use the product do so? We had one instance of the owner assigning an employee the job of applying our product. The owner complained our product didn’t work! We found the product still sitting in the storage shed. It had not been applied by the employee.
· Did they apply the product correctly? If our application guidelines are followed, it all but insures that GroPal Balance will work correctly.
· Were any other products added when applying GPB-A? Our instructions say that most all other products should not be added in to the same tank mix with GroPal Balance. They will reduce its effectiveness. If approved products are being mixed into the tank, please be sure to follow the procedure for doing so as outlined in the instructions.
· Was GroPal Balance properly stored? It should not be stored in the sun or in temperatures above 100 degrees, or in freezing temperatures. Freezing temperatures will not hurt our bacteria, but they may cause magnesium and potassium to crystalize and fall out of solution.
· Have you given GroPal Balance A adequate time to work? As mentioned above, GroPal Balance works by transforming the soil. This is a work that takes some time before results become evident. The good news is, GPB has the potential to continue improving the soil year by year, so that better and better results are seen. A farmer in Oregon has used Soil Balance for 8 years. His organic matter was at 0.4%, but it has increased by 0.5% each year, so that after 8 years his fields now average 4.7%! Give GPB-A some time, and you will LOVE the results!
· What product(s) have you used for weed and/or insect control previously? We had a grower with so much carry-over from the chemical he previously used that it appeared no GroPal Balance had been applied. He had to apply extra to overcome the carry-over of chemicals, but after doing so he had an excellent harvest with yields exceeding any previous year.